Salary: Dependant on experience
Benefits: 20 days paid holiday plus Christmas Break and Healthcare
- Possess a flexible approach to working hours as the role requires travel nationally and, on occasions, internationally, sometimes at short notice.
- Must be able to work effectively as an individual as well as part of the team.
- Knowledge of other APSU products and services (Microsoft, Intel, IBM Power i etc.) would be advantageous.
- Forward thinking, self-starting individual, able to manage a varying workload and prioritise work based upon client requirement.
- Experience of client facing situations with the ability to gain the confidence of a client quickly by demonstrating competence in their field.
- Excellent customer skills and a consultative approach.
- To provide the timely and quality delivery of products and services to our customers, concentrating (but not exclusively) on Cisco Systems networking products
- To provide assistance with Technical Architecture by engaging with customers on solution design.
- To provide third line support on Cisco based incidents.
- Assist in the delivery of other APSU products and services when not delivering Cisco solutions
- Providing 2/3 level support for technical network queries
- Delivery work – installing and configuring Cisco LAN, WAN, Wireless and Security solutions
- Clearly document network infrastructure and services solutions
- Network analysis and carrying out health checks/recommendations for customer networks
Day-to-Day activities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Installation, configuration, demonstration, support documentation and troubleshooting of Switch/Router/Wireless/UC/Security Devices. Particularly ASA Firewalls
- IOS/ NW Module installation and upgrades
- VPN configuration, MPLS and Leased line
- Routing – static and dynamic
- Network analysis, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis skills
- Wireless technology: site surveys, installation and configuration. Wireless management platform installation and configuration
- Access Control Server (Cisco ACS) installation and configuration
- Discuss any technical issues with the customer regarding any network changes to be carried out and gain full agreement by documenting the scope of work
- Be able to spot opportunities for other solutions/technologies that APSU can provide
- Network Management Software installation and configuration
- A solid engineering background with relevant Cisco accreditations and experience in a delivery or support role is desirable.
- A CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Security qualification will have been attained or close to conclusion.
Training will be provided to enable keeping all relevant skills up to date and expanded to
Experience in the following areas would be an advantage in addition to the above:
- Network management and service desk experience
- Pre Sales Experience
- Cisco Data Centre
- Cisco Meraki
- HP Networking (ProCurve ASE or MASE)
- Ironport or ScaneSafe configuration and tuning
- Knowledge of IDS, IPS, RSA Secure ID administration, TACACS, Tripwire
- A good understanding and hands on experience of Microsoft and VMware environments
- Software defined Networking and Security in Virtual Data Centre environments