Salary Range: Depending on experience.
Benefits: 23 Days paid holiday + bank holidays. Healthcare.
Location: South Cerney, Gloucestershire, UK.
APSU is a leader in delivering Managed Services solutions primarily to the UK market, but with strategic plans to expand into new global markets. We work with vendors such as IBM Cisco and HP. Our service portfolio covers technical consultancy, procurement, managed services, in-store and on-line retail solutions, cloud hosting, security, physical co-location and software asset management. Unique in its offerings, the company is both a VAR (Value Added Reseller) and a MSP (Managed Service Provider).
This is a unique role, blending the management of Marketing and Demand Generation to create a centralised function and centre of excellence within the company. The Marketing department is a key business unit within the company and supports the sales goals of the business to increase market share in the UK and the company’s expansion to international markets.
The marketing department comprises currently 2 inside sales and a digital marketing executive who provides internal design for both online and printed literature. The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the inside sales team, and generating a number of new qualified opportunities for a specified area or aligned GTM. This team promotes the sales of APSU products and services through direct solicitation via telephone/meetings/webinars and/or email. This aspect of the role will primarily involve identifying new leads and developing on existing leads to expand pipeline opportunities. This is an intrinsically warm lead development role with no direct sales involved. The Team will be qualifying sales leads and developing pipeline opportunities for the Sales team.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, able to multitask high workloads, ambitious, driven and focused with excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and verbally. The candidate should be someone who is a self-starter, hands on, with a high creative input into campaign design and execution, with the ability to apply consultative and strategic selling skills as well as solution selling expertise to generate and qualify new prospect opportunities for APSU products and Services. Ideally working with an MSP with a thorough understanding of how to market managed services, he/she should also have experience developing marketing plans for product (software or hardware) in the IBM, HP & Cisco market space.
Key Tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Overall marketing strategy and execution of plans for MSP and VAR services.
- Increasing awareness of the company’s services through effective PR including company website, twitter, LinkedIn and the press.
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
- Writing marketing and promotional briefs.
- Managing vendor co-marketing programmes, execution and reporting.
- Reporting, monitoring and measurement of all marketing activities.
- Organisation of both internal and external events, webinars, etc.
- Market research into new offerings, competitive activity both in the UK and Internationally.
- Day to day line management of the Inside Sales team
- Work effectively within a team environment offering mentoring and support to colleagues when required
- Assesses sales opportunities and work with Saleforce.com & Pard as a key business tools.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport with internal teams; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Close new accounts by utilising various methods of communication; verifying and entering information working closely with the sales teams
- Works with internal Inside sales team, proactively calling out to build contacts and prospects and inclusion in marketing campaigns
- Develops accounts by checking customer’s buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features and organising relevant WebEx’s and briefings working with Sales and Presales Teams.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures e.g. keeping Salesforce data accurate.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities. Also owns and understands APSU’s competitors.
- Works with team members in the field including field sales and marketing to drive current GTMs and build appropriate and new GTMs aligned to APSU’s solution and services portfolio.
- Maintaining the knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures with the IT industry and keep informed on latest industry drivers e.g. PCI for Retail.
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction within the territory liaising with internal operations to ensure smooth flow of customer experience.
- Proven team management skills in a fast moving company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar.
- Worked with Systems Integrators and ISVs especially those aligned to IBM & HP.
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in marketing including PR, written communication, website development, market research, visual communication and creative lead.
- Able to work under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Dynamic and quick reactor.
- Experience in sales of technology products in a business environment preferably in IT industry.
- Expert in internet and social media strategy with demonstrated track record.
- Ideally with website and graphic design experience and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress.
- Experience in the global marketplace is a plus e.g. Europe and North America.
- Experience using Salesforce.com and Pardot.
- Cross industry knowledge and extensive network in marketing ecosystem e.g. affiliations.