Salary Range: Circa depending on experience
Benefits: Company commission scheme. 20 days paid holiday (Plus Bank Holidays & Christmas break). Healthcare.
APSU is one of the fastest growing IT Services and Solutions providers in the UK. As well as providing the infrastructure APSU has a very successful services portfolio which includes technical consultancy, procurement, managed services, in-store and on-line retail solutions, cloud hosting and physical co-location as well as growing businesses in Security and IBM(i) systems monitoring and scheduling with their own product Maximise.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for generating a number of new qualified opportunities for a specified area or domain. Promotes the sales of APSU products and services through direct solicitation via telephone/meetings/webinars and/or email. The role will primarily involve identifying new leads and developing on existing leads to expand pipeline opportunities. This is an intrinsically warm lead development role with no direct sales involved. You will be qualifying sales leads and developing pipeline opportunities for the Sales team.
The Inside Sales Representative will apply consultative and strategic selling skills as well as solution selling expertise to generate and qualify new prospect opportunities for APSU products and services. Responsible for prospecting, assisting in territory development and generating qualified leads.
Key Tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Assesses sales opportunities and work with Saleforce.com as a key business tool.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Close new accounts by utilising various methods of communication; verifying and entering information
- Works with internal Telemarketing team, proactively calling out to build contacts and prospects and inclusion in marketing campaigns
- Develops accounts by checking customer’s buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features and organising relevant WebEx’s and briefings working with Sales and Presales Teams.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures e.g. keeping Salesforce data accurate.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities. Also owns and understands APSU’s competitors.
- Works with team members in the field including field sales and marketing to drive current GTMs and build appropriate and new GTMs aligned to APSU’s solution and services portfolio.
- Maintaining the knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures with the IT industry and keep informed on latest industry drivers e.g. PCI for Retail.
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction within the territory liaising with internal operations to ensure smooth flow of customer experience.
- Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Possess a record of working against tight deadlines
- The Ideal candidate will have an Inside sales background – Ideally in IT industry
- Ability to work towards achieving goals in a changing and challenging environment.
- Self-starter and self-sufficiency is key
- Confident telephone manner
- Works well in teams & under own direction
- Ability to be reactive and quick thinking
- Ability to manage time, work independently and multi-task
- Results oriented, energetic, fast-paced, and accountable
- Attentive listening skills
- Motivation for Sales career is essential
- Professional manner
- Customer focused
- Accuracy is crucial
- Experience in sales of technology products in a business environment preferably in IT industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field & relative sales experience
- Ideally have a background selling and completed formal training
- Experience using Salesforce.com or similar CRM system advantageous
- It is mandatory to have good written and spoken English, additional languages advantageous.
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Client Base
- Closing Skills
- Prospecting Skills
- Technical Understanding
- Building Relationships
- People Skills
- Data Entry Skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint