Salary Range: Circa dependent upon qualifications and experience. Plus car allowance
Benefits: 20 days paid holiday plus Christmas Break and Healthcare
The Intel / Microsoft team:
The Intel/Microsoft team is responsible for providing clients with high quality, innovative solutions based upon Intel, Microsoft and virtualisation technologies. This encompasses the scoping and implementation for each solution sold. An important aspect of the team’s work, in conjunction with the project management team, is defining exactly what APSU will deliver in order to protect the client as well as the company.
- To be an ambassador for the company with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills especially in front of clients
- Credible and knowledgeable in the delivery of complex solutions
- Able to make decisions and use initiative
- Confident in their own technical ability yet recognising their limitations
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical contacts
- Able to spot opportunities as they arise
- Be adaptable
- A lateral thinker able to see the bigger picture from a solutions perspective
- Liaise with the technical architects within the team to have input to and to understand the solution to be delivered
- Have contact with clients to discuss any services sold by the client managers / technical architects
- To draft the scope of work for client/client manager
- To discuss any technical issues etc with the client and gain full agreement with a final scope of work. Inform the client of the range of services that will be included and those prerequisites that are required from them.
- Work closely with the project office in the successful delivery of solutions and documentation thereof.
- Maintain up to date and accurate time sheets.
- Obtain client verification and sign off
- Use knowledge and experience to solve any on-site problems in the first instance or decide on the correct path of escalation
- In addition to hands-on delivery work there will be a requirement from time to time to augment the Service Desk to provide technical support to contracted clients.
- Attend team meetings when requested
- The ideal candidate will be very experienced in virtualisation, specifically VMware ESX and will be very familiar with the installation and configuration of Virtual Infrastructure and preferably VMware vSphere, Operations Manager, Site Recovery Manager Etc. A VCP would be preferable although not essential.
- The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in a field engineer/consulting role, an in depth understanding of technologies such as AD, AV, Exchange, SQL, Terminal services, Backup Exec is absolutely essential with additional technologies such as VM View, Veeam, Netbackup, any/all IBM software products, Hyper-V. A deep understanding of configuring, implementing and troubleshooting IBM System x and Storage technologies is essential and a similar understanding of HP technologies would be beneficial, but not required.
- A MCSE would be preferred but not essential
- Experience of SAN Fabric Design and implementation is essential
- Experience with implementation of SAN storage is essential – Preferably ISCSI and FC implementations
- Clean driving licence
- Any experience of Cloud based infrastructures and/or Datacentre co-lo environments will be favourably looked upon.