Salary Range: Circa dependent upon on experience.
Benefits: Healthcare, 23 Days Holiday
APSU Services and Support:
APSU has a comprehensive range of Managed Support solutions that offer customers support packages designed to meet the needs of their enterprise. APSU provides the customer with all the benefits of a 24/7 fully manned technical helpdesk to maintain and manage IT infrastructures throughout the UK & Ireland.
APSU Managed Services division provides high availability solutions including; iSeries, Wintel, and network monitoring and full systems management services to a broad portfolio of clients.
We have an increasing pipeline of Managed Services opportunities and are seeking an experienced Bid Manager to join our expanding team.
The Bid Manager will be responsible for leading the Bids and Proposals providing professional and effective management of responses to tenders, requests for quotations and contract variations.
- The Bid Manager will support the Business Development Manager or Client Sales Manager assigned to the existing client or new opportunity.
- Own Bid Quotation model development and pricing submission for Bids
- The Bid Manager will also work very closely with the Solution Architect and will resolve any issues/conflicts that are hindering the Bid progress.
- The Bid Manager will orchestrate activity between the different phases of the bid process making sure deliverables are completed in line with the bid plan and that a winning proposition is submitted to the customer.
- Managing the bid lifecycle from the initial reviews through to contract signature, making sure the right processes have been followed and relevant approvals obtained.
- Coordinating the selection and assignment of Bid Team resources.
- Organising the bid kick off, confirming roles and responsibilities and creating the bid plan to meet the required customer timetable.
- Managing the Bid Team and budget.
- Coordinating contact with the customer and 3rd parties.
- Interacting with the customer and 3rd parties to ensure that deliverables are achieved throughout the bid lifecycle.
- Ensuring any required Non-Disclosure Agreements with the customer and 3rd parties are approved and signed.
- Coordinating site visits and reference checks.
- Organising and facilitating bid workshops, reviews and customer meetings.
- Managing the material creation, preparation and logistics for any customer interaction.
- Leading the response production, allocating owners and assignments for the bid response, directing the usage of win themes and USPs and ensuring continuity and consistency throughout the response.
- Completing the Bid final checks and submitting APSU’s response.
- Storing bid material on the deal repository and organising bid team access.
- To work with and assist the managed service operations teams based in Coventry.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- A high attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Deadline driven
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Able to motivate a team
- Natural desire to provide excellent customer support
- Strong commercial and service delivery orientated skills
- Effective management and negotiating skills
- Well organised with the ability to react quickly to a changing landscape
- Resilient with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and capable of working effectively under pressure to immovable deadlines.
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible, solves problems and delivers results
- Experience of working in a bid team previously
- Effective and experienced Bid Manager
- Experience in leading Infrastructure Managed Services bids / RFPs
- Development of pricing models
- Proven bid team leadership
- Can demonstrate effective bid writing skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial, finance and market related requirements for tenders
- Proven track record of management of multi-disciplinary teams forming bid teams
- Able to demonstrate high level of attention to detail and look for process solutions and process improvement
- Experience in IBM pricing models
- Experience of delivering bespoke complex technical engineering solutions
- Working on Managed Service bids with multiple service partners / vendors
- Exposure to Commercial models for delivering Cloud based Managed Services
- Technical/infrastructure project planning, implementation and management
- ITIL Service Management experience