[gn_column size="2-3" last="0" style="0"]
Reporting to: Group Managed Services Director
Salary Range: Circa dependent upon on experience.
Benefits: Healthcare, 23 Days Holiday, Car Allowance
APSU Services and Support:
APSU has a comprehensive range of Managed Support solutions that offer customers support packages designed to meet the needs of their enterprise. APSU provides the customer with all the benefits of a 24/7 fully manned technical helpdesk to maintain and manage IT infrastructures throughout the UK & Ireland.
APSU Managed Services division provides high availability solutions including; iSeries, Wintel, and network monitoring and full systems management services to a broad portfolio of clients.
We have an increasing pipeline of Managed Services opportunities and are seeking an experienced Service Transition Manager to join our expanding team.
The Service Transition Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the full transition of managed services. The role will involve the formal management of the entire transition process for each managed service sale or significant contract extension using industry accepted best practice techniques i.e. ITIL / PRINCE.
- Take full responsibility for the project phase that delivers the total operational implementation of all managed services due to be delivered by the company.
- The Service Transition Manager will support the Business Development Manager or Client Sales Manager assigned to the existing client or new opportunity.
- The Service Transition Manager will also work very closely with the Project Manager and will resolve any issues/conflicts that are hindering the transition.
- Managing the Service Transition lifecycle from the initial Project kick-off through to acceptance in to Service, ensuring the appropriate processes have been followed and relevant approvals obtained.
- Provides detail Service Transition performance review (Steering Committee Review, Project Dashboards, Deployment Progress Trackers) with senior internal and external stakeholders/management.
- Proactively & effectively manage transition risks and issues.
- A significant participation in the on-going development and refinement of Service Transition Management processes and capabilities within the Project, Business Development and Service Operations teams.
- Development of Service Transition collateral.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships and communication with all parties involved in new Customer projects including; APSU Business
- Development / Account Management Team, Project Managers, Service Partners / Providers, 3rd parties and Customers.
- Contributing to Project kick-offs and creating Service Transition plans to meet the required customer timetable.
- Interacting with the customer and 3rd parties to ensure that deliverables are achieved throughout the transition lifecycle.
- Managing the material creation, preparation and logistics for any customer interaction.
- Storing transition material on the deal repository and organising service operations team access.
- To work with and assist the managed service operations teams based in Coventry.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- A high attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Deadline driven
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Able to motivate a team
- Natural desire to provide excellent customer support
- Strong service delivery orientated skills
- Effective management and negotiating skills
- Well organised with the ability to react quickly to a changing landscape
- Resilient with the ability to manage multiple transitions simultaneously and capable of working effectively under pressure to immovable deadlines.
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible, solves problems and delivers results
- Effective and experienced Service Transition Manager
- Experience in leading IBM Infrastructure Managed Services Transitions
- Development of Service Transition collateral
- Working on Service Transition contribution to Managed Service bids with multiple service partners / vendors
- Can demonstrate effective Service Transition writing skills contributing to RFPs
- Proven track record of management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to demonstrate high level of attention to detail and look for process solutions and process improvement
- ISEB/Prince 2 project management / ITIL Service Management accreditations advantageous
- Experience of delivering managed services comprising multiple vendors / service providers
- Previous participation in the development of Managed Service strategy, contributing to the evolution of Managed Service capability to meet business growth plans
- Exposure to infrastructure and transition models for delivering Cloud based Managed Services
[gn_column size="1-3" last="1" style="0"]
Download and print the job description by clicking here.
Please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our available careers / positions, please contact the HR department on (+44) 01285 862 100 or alternatively please email email@example.com. Please make sure you quote the reference number for the specific job when contacting us.
APSU is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. Our employment policy aims to ensure that staff are employed on the basis of ability and the requirements of the job and that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of race, religion or religious belief, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other grounds which are unjustifiable in terms of equality.
We do not accept unsolicited emails, phone calls or applications from recruitment agencies and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.