[gn_column size="2-3" last="0" style="0"]
Reporting to: Director of Technical Services
Salary Range: Dependant upon qualifications and ability
Benefits: 23 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays. Healthcare.
Professional Services Group
The Professional Services Group is a key business unit within the company and combines all of APSU’s Pre-Sales, Consultancy and Technical resource.
He/she must be a forward thinking, motivated, self-starting individual, able to manage a varying workload and prioritise work based upon client requirements. Must possess a clear, professional and confident phone manner.
The Managed Services Solution Architect is expected to be capable of working independently, or as a member of a team, or leading a team in performing a technical managed services role. The role will support the APSU sales team and provide IT managed services and solution support to the client.
Have solid experience as a Managed Services Solutions Architect in dealing with Multi-Platform and Complex IT Infrastructure solution to address the client needs.
The MS Solution Architect is expected to have analytical ability and creativity in developing and costing the IT Solution as a Managed Service and supporting the closing of the APSU customer opportunities.
The individual must deliver high quality and workable solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements. Perform many assigned technical tasks including assessment studies & analysis, sizing & capacity planning, solution design, competitive analysis, technical & solution presentation, and product technical skill for supporting Demo, PoC and Benchmark activities. Have product, technology, or industry-related specialised skills and regularly works with requirements identification, proposal development, and execute the activities (presentation, PoC, Benchmarking, etc.) to ensure customer acknowledged and convinced on the advantages of the solution proposed by APSU.
Mandatory required skills:
- Experience (one year minimum) of building and costing MS solutions. Technology, colocation, implementation, in life services and associated transition process and SLA’s.
- Understand the Power I, P, Network, Storage and associated operating systems, associated private cloud and multi-tenant compute also hybrid VDC solutions.
- Understand the IT Infrastructure Solution and associated Managed Services Solution concepts.
- Previous experience of developing standardised managed services costing tools and presales process.
- Capable of qualify opportunities, delivering presentations to the client at any level, including C-level.
- Well organised, structured and able to articulate APSU solution, service wrap and relate it with clients’ needs both technically and commercially.
- Provide technical advice to other team members, including other APSU staff, subcontractors, partners or client personnel.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with APSU managed service and business development personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to newer or less experienced team members.
- Knowledge of managed service contractual constructs, experience in the development of contract schedules.
- Ability to operate with ambiguity and able to define solution elements when all the required information is not immediately available. Identify and document appropriate assumptions.
[gn_column size="1-3" last="1" style="0"]
Download and print the job description by clicking here.
Please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our available careers / positions, please contact the HR department on (+44) 01285 862 100 or alternatively please email email@example.com. Please make sure you quote the reference number for the specific job when contacting us.
APSU is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. Our employment policy aims to ensure that staff are employed on the basis of ability and the requirements of the job and that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of race, religion or religious belief, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other grounds which are unjustifiable in terms of equality.
We do not accept unsolicited emails, phone calls or applications from recruitment agencies and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.