[gn_column size="2-3" last="0" style="0"]
Reporting to: IT Service Manager
Benefits: 23 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, healthcare.
APSU Managed Services Team
APSU Manage Services team provides high availability, iSeries, Wintel, and network services to a large client base 24/7 x365.
The primary purpose of the role is to assist the IT Service Manager with supplier and client relationship management and service improvement. This will be performed by conducting meetings, both on site with the client and remotely via telephone and video conference. In addition the Service and Problem Manager will ensure that all activities performed by APSU’s Managed Service Team are delivered within APSU’s service level agreements by auditing the service delivery and operational tasks performed by the technical teams within APSU’s Managed Services Department, based in Binley, Coventry and South Cerney, Cirencester. The successful candidate will become a member of APSU’s security management forum that’s responsible for managing security controls for APSU’s ISO27001 certification.
The secondary purpose of this role is problem management. The objective of Problem Management is to minimize the impact of problems on the organisation. Problem Management plays an important role in the detection and providing solutions to problems and prevents their reoccurrence.
The role is primarily based at the APSU South Cerney office with one day per week (where possible) based out of the Coventry office. Travel to client sites will be required for this on a weekly basis as defined by the IT Service Manager.
- Liaise with customers for escalated support issues/outstanding problems or account management issues
- Conduct Service Review Meetings in line with the customer contractual obligations
- Produce Service Review Meeting minutes
- Proactive involvement in defining service level agreements (SLAs) and ensuring clients’ expectations around service levels are met or ideally exceeded.
- Monitor and report on outstanding incidents against SLA
- Advise and support the IT Service Manager in all matters technical and operational
- Ensure that the Service Management system is used correctly and incident updates are performed on a regular basis
- Communicate effectively within both the Support team and across all other internal departments to ensure the effective escalation and resolution of customer problems
- Contribute to the overall APSU Service Improvement Program
- Work in accordance with established departmental procedures and guidelines
- Work effectively within a team environment offering support to colleagues
- Coordinating transition projects
- Undertaking any other tasks as defined by the IT Service Manager in order to improve the performance of APSU
- Establish a problem management system
- Provide problem management control
- Proactively manage problems arising from incidents
- Conduct major problem reviews
- Provide the management team regular problem management reports
- A proven track record of customer management is essential
- A good knowledge of iSeries, WINTEL, Network and Virtual technologies is essential
- Experience in a Service/Operational background essential
- Proven experience of a Service Desk or remote customer support role
- Good organisational skills and high level of service focus
- In depth knowledge of incident, risk and problem management
- ITIL Foundation Certificate desirable
- A broad range of IT skills
[gn_column size="1-3" last="1" style="0"]
Download and print the job description by clicking here.
Please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our available careers / positions, please contact the HR department on (+44) 01285 862 100 or alternatively please email email@example.com. Please make sure you quote the reference number for the specific job when contacting us.
APSU is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. Our employment policy aims to ensure that staff are employed on the basis of ability and the requirements of the job and that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of race, religion or religious belief, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other grounds which are unjustifiable in terms of equality.
We do not accept unsolicited emails, phone calls or applications from recruitment agencies and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.