Salary Range: Circa dependent upon on experience.
Benefits: Healthcare, Pension and Performance related bonus schemes
APSU Services and Support:
APSU has a comprehensive range of Managed Support solutions that offer customers support packages designed to meet the needs of their enterprise. APSU provides the customer with all the benefits of a 24/7 fully manned technical helpdesk to maintain and manage IT infrastructures throughout the UK & Ireland.
APSU Managed Services division provides high availability solutions including; iSeries, Wintel, and network monitoring and full systems management services to a broad portfolio of clients.
We have an increasing pipeline of Managed Services opportunities and are seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join our expanding team.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for leading the Legal negotiation during Bids and Proposals providing professional and effective management of responses to tenders, contract renewals and contract variations.
- The Contracts Manager will support the Business Development Manager or Client Sales Manager assigned to the existing client or new opportunity.
- Own Contract model development and submission for Bids.
- Own creation of Contract Addendums for renewal or contract changes to in-flight services.
- Ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions, flow down requirements, and that contracts are in accordance with legal requirements and customer specifications.
- Completing the Bid due diligence and final checks prior to APSU’s response submission.
- The Contracts Manager will ensure the Legal deliverables are completed in line with the bid plan and that a winning proposition is submitted to the customer.
- The Contracts Manager will work to resolve any issues/conflicts that are hindering the Bid or contract renewal progress.
- Taking part in bid kick offs, confirming roles and responsibilities and creating the bid legal deliverables and plan to meet the required customer timetable.
- Managing the contract lifecycle from the initial reviews through to contract signature, making sure the right processes have been followed and relevant approvals obtained.
- Co-ordinating contact with the customer and 3rd parties.
- Interacting with the customer and 3rd parties to ensure that deliverables are achieved throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Ensuring any required Non-Disclosure Agreements with the customer and 3rd parties are approved and signed.
- Organising and facilitating bid contract workshops, reviews and customer meetings.
- Managing the contract material creation, preparation and logistics for any customer interaction.
- Storing contract bid material on the deal repository and organising bid team access.
- Legal background or a degree in Law/Business related discipline
- Demonstrable commercial experience in IT managed services or related technology services
- Confident and comfortable in stressful\challenging situations with Clients and Suppliers
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Diplomatic – capable of saying no without offence
- Team player with good negotiation and influencing skills
- Resilient with the ability to manage multiple contracts simultaneously and capable of working effectively under pressure to immovable deadlines
- A high attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Deadline driven
- Natural desire to provide excellent customer support
- Effective management and negotiating skills
- Well organised with the ability to react quickly to a changing landscape
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible, solves problems and delivers results
- Strong knowledge of IT Managed Services contracts, licensing, and data protection required
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial, financial and market related requirements for bids
- Strong Contract Management Skills
- Strong Contract Drafting Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Good Client Facing Skills – Engaging with Client Commercial and Senior Management
- Good Financial Awareness
- Good Supply Chain Management Awareness – Engaging with Subcontract Management
- Team working with good interaction at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of working in a bid team previously
- Effective and experienced Bid Manager
- Development of Legal Contracts
- Proven bid team leadership
- Able to demonstrate high level of attention to detail and look for process solutions and process improvement
- Experience in IBM i Managed Services contract models
- Working on Managed Service bids with multiple service partners / vendors
- Exposure to Commercial models for delivering Cloud based Managed Services