Reporting to: Service Support Manager
Circa depending on experience
Benefits: 20 days paid holiday, healthcare
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts covering 24 x 7 365 days of the year. Shifts are organised such that staff work one weekend in two.
APSU Managed Services
APSU Manage Services division provides high availability solutions, iSeries, Wintel, and network monitoring, and full systems management services to a broad portfolio of clients.
Based in the Coventry office, the primary goal of the Monitoring Analyst is to focus on monitoring and preventive maintenance activities, automation and maintenance of monitoring tools and instruments.
- 24 x 365 monitoring of internal and client network and server infrastructures,
- Respond (as defined in the procedural documentation) to alerts and messages
- Following the ‘Tick List’ process according to documented standards and in a timely fashion.
- Monitor IBM i Systems and batch processes via GAM and Maximise
- Monitor the completion of all backups
- Investigate and resolve failures of scheduled backup or restores
- Log incidents with third party providers (EG: IBM, Lawson, M7) and manage incident to resolution
- Liaison with support groups
- British Summer Time changes
- Produce and distribute daily client handovers
- Scheduled Infrastructure testing (Fire Alarm, Generator)
- Media Handling
- Ensuring media is loaded as required
- Fix issues with media
- Off load media as required
- Media Vaulting
- Recover media from off site as required
- Out of hours Support
- Log and allocate incidents to appropriate support team
- Incident management
- Escalation management
- First level support: Application Software
- First level support: System Software
- AODAR (Any other duties as required)
- Customer focus with good communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible to work in a 24×7 support environment.
- Sound knowledge of AS400/iSeries/Power i
- Practical knowledge of operating systems: Windows NT, XP, Vista,
- Windows server family (Win2000/2003/2008), IP Services
- Knowledge of ITIL Concepts will be an advantage.
- Basic experience in Systems and Network monitoring.
- Previous experience in a Managed Services environment