Benefits: Commission and bonuses based upon target achievements. 20 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays), plus Christmas break. Healthcare.
Technical Services Group
The Technical Services Group is a key business unit within the company and combines APSU’s Pre-Sales, Project Management, Consultancy and Technical resource.
The Solution Architect will have a strong technical and commercial awareness. The individual will ideally be technically qualified with a good working knowledge of the storage and server industry with specific focus on IBM solution set. A sound knowledge of virtualisation, both in the storage and server market place is important.
The Solution Architect must have experience of client facing situations, with the ability to gain the confidence of a prospective client quickly by demonstrating competence in their field whilst spotting opportunities for other technologies that APSU provide. They must be a forward thinking, self-starting individual, able to manage a varying workload and prioritise work based upon client requirements. An understanding of opportunity qualification is essential to help optimise valuable time.
Solution Architect is expected to be capable of working independently, or as a member of a team, or leading a team in performing a technical role in supporting the APSU sales team and providing IT Solution and/or technical support for the client.
Solution Architect is expected to have analytical ability and creativity in developing the IT Solution and supporting the closing of the APSU customer opportunities.
Solution Architect must deliver high quality and workable solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements. Performs many assigned technical tasks including assessment study & analysis, sizing & capacity planning, solution design, competitive analysis, technical & solution presentation, and product technical hands-on skill for supporting Demo, presentation, PoC and Benchmark activities. The individual will have product, technology, or industry-related specialised skills and regularly works with requirements identification, proposal development, and execute the activities.
The successful candidate will provide technical and product knowledge as support to the sales team in identifying, developing and closing sales opportunities based around APSU Solutions.
The individual will have responsibility for target achievement against APSU solutions, input into marketing and promotional activity to support this goal and key input into product strategy, in conjunction with the Director of Technical Services.
The Solution Architect is also expected to:
Key Technologies making up the APSU solutions:
- IBM Power I, Storage and Managed Services Solution Concepts
- IT Infrastructure Solution Concept, covering Server, Storage and related IT peripherals and solution.
- IBM i operating system specialist with focus on solution sales, migration, platform virtualization, multi-tenancy, performance, backup, recovery and automation.
- Capable of delivering presentation to client at any levels, including C-level.
- Well organised, structured and able to articulate IBM solution and relate it with client needs technically and commercially.
- Managed services applicable to the above
Relevant accreditations include:
- IBM Certified Technical Sales Specialist – Power Systems with POWER8 Scale-out V1
- IBM Certified Technical Sales Specialist – Power Systems with POWER8 Enterprise V1
- IBM CAMSS accreditation
- IBM Software
- Advising the sales team on how technology and managed services can meet customers’ requirements both technically and from a business value perspective, this will include running solution training /update sessions
- Providing configurations and advice, including use of vendor configuration tools and portals
- Providing services definitions and quotations, risk identification and solution assurance for solutions
- Helping the sales team to produce proposals and quotes
- Ensuring compliance with company and vendor procedures and documentation requirements for the presales part of the business process. For example maintaining accreditation compliance and managing rebates.
- Attending customer-facing meetings when necessary to discuss technology, solutions and options available to meet the customer’s requirements
- Day to day presales support for opportunities involving the Architect’s solution set to include client-facing visits, presentations, seminars and shows/conferences
- Liaison with the company sales and marketing function to provide input to external promotion of APSU solutions
- Identifying and developing new infrastructure or managed services solutions
- Technical point of contact and ownership of opportunities defined for Solution Architecture.
Technical Architect will have a solid technical Pre-Sales background supported by relevant certifications and experience in a consultative role.
- IBM i LPARs
- Virtual I/O Server (VIOS)
- Storwize V7000 and SVC
- IBM configuration and design tools e.g. eConfig, SPT, Capacity Magic, Disk Magic, WLE
- IBM POWER Systems as a Managed Service
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness utilising aspects of the server and storage solution set and associated managed services offerings. Ability to be able to identify opportunities, from both a presales and marketing perspective in order to achieve set targets
- The ability to advocate solutions internally within APSU and externally with clients and any other relevant parties, whilst keeping abreast of the other solution areas offered by APSU to assist in opportunity identification
Have good technical skill (both theory and hands on skill) of Server and Storage Solution and have solid experiences as an Solutions Architect in dealing with Multi-Platform and Complex IT Infrastructure solution to address the client needs.
- IBM Flex
- AIX, Linux and Windows OS
- IBM Application Software
- IBM Analytics offerings
- TOGAF principles
- Brocade SAN switches